Etymology: Middle English 'bal', from Old Norse 'bollr' and akin to Old High German 'balla'; combined with the commin suffix 'er' denoting one that does or performs (a specified action)
Therefore, a baller is, literally, 'one who balls'
Other connotations of the word include:
1. One who exhibits a consistent proficency at-, or exuberant love for the game of basketball.
2. One whose person has been fully and successfully established in numerous social circles (esp. one who is extremely popular with both the male and female members of any given social group)
3. One whose status in society has been earned by one's possession of "game" (that is, proficiency at the game of life)
1. Exhibiting those qualitites of a baller; not limited to the description of a person, 'baller' may be used to describe any place, thing or situation.
1. "Kobe Bryant... now THAT kid's a baller"
2. "Wanna be a baller, shot caller, twenty inch blades on the impala, caller getting laid tonight..."
3. "Hey yo! Don't let nobody else up in this booth. I see nothing but gansters up in here, I see nothing but ballers up in here..."
1. "This Sh*t is baller"
Suburbanation of 'Baller':
"Wow, that man is really quite 'on the ball'."
Shortened slang for "legendary", or, more commonly, for "legend".
Jesus, you fucking ledge!
having sex with a very "loose" girl
yo that chicks been fucked so many times its like throwing a hotdog down a hall way
A place in which you dominate
My house bitch!!
Blaming something else (besides the fact that your car is slow) for the reason you lost a race.
my clutch was slipping, I missed 2nd, my tires are bald, my boost was on low setting, I have bad KR, etc...
Usually where items not sold at a garage
sale are donated.
While going through the newest donation at the thrift store, most of the items still had yard sale tickets. One of us decided they were yard sale rejects.
the pimpingest of the pimps...always a high roller and knows how to pop the cris'
"you think you're a pimp? you ain't no ditka."