A congenital anomaly of the reproductive and sexual system. Intersex people are born with external genitalia, internal reproductive organs, and/or endocrine system that are different from most other people. There is no single "intersex body;" it encompasses a wide variety of conditions that do not have anything in common except that they are deemed "abnormal" by society. What makes intersex people similar is their experiences of medicalization, not biology. Intersex is not an identity. While some intersex people do reclaim it as part of their identity, it is not a freely chosen category of gender--it can only be reclaimed. Most intersex people identify as men or women, just like everybody else.
The Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries performed on people born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female. We urge physicians to use a model of care that is patient-centered, rather than concealment-centered.
Someone who actually believes in freedom
and has the courage to take that belief all the way to a logical
See also, anarchist
1. Wow, that libertarian communist doesn't need a boss or a cop to tell her what to do!
2. Mommy, why did Hitler kill libertarian communists, but my teacher never mentions that when he talks about the history of World War II? And why doesn't he talk about the American libertarian communists similarly executed for their beliefs by the U.S. government, like Sacco & Vanzetti, the Haymarket Martyrs, and Joe Hill, among others?
3. Libertarian communists were the first people to fight fascism - against the Spanish Fascist General Franco in 1936. Hitler and Mussolini supplied Franco with soldiers, tanks, and planes with which to kill the libertarian communists, Stalin worked to kill them through his contacts in Spain, while the rest of the world put an embargo on the Spanish libertarian communists. The Spanish libertarian communist revolution and war against fascism, along with the genocide following fascism's triumph, was the first real battle of World War II, which many people never even hear of. It is now conveniently forgotten by just about everyone because we live in a brainwashed world like George Orwell's '1984.' Incidentally, Orwell wrote '1984' after participating in the Spanish libertarian communist revolution and war against fascism, which he documented in his book 'Homage to Catalonia.'
4. Libertarian communist and webmaster Sherman Austin from Los Angeles, California, was jailed for a year in Arizona because he allowed a link to some other website to be published by others on his website. The other website included various incendiary instructions which can be found on thousands of right wing websites which the government will never touch, along with hundreds of thousands of books easily found in bookstores and libraries all over the country, including Guerilla Warfare manuals published and distributed by the U.S. government itself to the public at reduced cost, supported by taxpayer dollars.
5. The governments of every country sure seem to hate libertarian communists, whether communist or capitalist police states. It's probably because libertarian communists speak and act against tyranny from both the "left" and the "right."
In a system in which you have no real input, this act of casting a ballot is worse than a waste of time - it legitimates the system of power which has excluded you from real decision making in the first place.
Can you believe Johnny is still voting? Doesn't he get it? No matter who you vote for, the government always wins!
A social system in which a father is the head of the family, property ownership and surname are traced through the male line, and men have legal or social authority over women and children. A family, community, or society based on this or a similar system, or governed by men to a degree far out of proportion to their numbers.
Jane Doe: Can you believe patriarchy still exists after all our valiant struggles?
John Doe: What do you mean? Patriarchy doesn't exist! Sure, women make on average a lot less than men for the same work, and sure, there are very few women in positions of power in government and business, but at least now we let you vote and own property!
Jane Doe: But why didn't you take my last name when we married? Why are women still raped (outside of prisons) so much more often than men, and why do men so often inflict rape on others? Why do we still have a sexual division of labor, with some entire industries dominated by men and other industries, typically lower paid, staffed almost entirely by women? Why is it, when someone says "doctor" everyone thinks "man" and when they say "nurse" everyone thinks "woman?" The same is true of "construction worker" vs. "secretary," "engineer" vs. "stripper," "soldier" vs. "maid"... you name it! Why is it a scandal when a middle aged woman like Demi Moore marries a man in his twenties, but it's routine for rich old men in their 60s and up to marry barely legal young 'trophy wives?' It's so common it has it's own term!
John Doe: I guess you're right. Come to think of it, I've been trained to take on all sorts of patriarchal roles that I don't like myself! I've been trained to act like an automaton, to hide my feelings, to be "the provider" in an economy where two parents working is the norm, to go off and die in wars... you know, Jane, a lot of my anti-feminist anger is really unjustified! I've just been resentful of my own role within patriarchy, in such a misdirected way I couldn't even see it existed. I've been defending what I felt were privileges, but in fact were limitations. It's time for us to smash all forms of sexism, patriarchy - hell, even matriarchy if it ever crops up anywhere - together!
Jane Doe: Now you're talking! Let me get my hammer!
John Doe: You know, dear, this means you'll have to face the draft, too...
Jane Doe: True, sweetie, but there should be a lot fewer wars with patriarchy out of the way!
John Doe: Actually, love, capitalism, not patriarchy, is the root of imperialism and resource conflicts, which are the primary cause of modern wars...