Stands for "Take the loss". Frequently used to describe flunking a test, being dumped, being stood up, being beaten up or robbed, or losing one's money in the stock market, gambling, or through exploitative business schemes.
I really took the L on that history exam.
Anything that is from an earlier era and looked upon with high regard or respect. Can be used to refer to music, clothing, language, or anything really.
Client: We have three PC's running MS-Dos 6.
Consultant: Shi'...that's old school.
Nothing, or something equivalent to nothing. Jack shit has the remarkable property that its absence and presence are identical. Typically used with or without a negative to describe a total lack of knowledge, value, or significance. Its use carries a strong negative connotation which can express frustration, disdain, ignorance, or other negative qualities.
I don't know jack shit about that. / I know jack shit about that.
It's worth jack shit. / It isn't worth jack shit.
I didn't get jack shit. / I got jack shit.
Cleveland, OH, one of the finest cities in the world. Never used to refer to any of the other C-cities in Ohio, such as Cincinnati, Columbus, or Canton, and certainly never used to refer to Chicago, which is shytown
C-town is the warmest city on the great lakes.
(1) Them niggaz was talkin' shit about me.
(2) Wassup my niggaz?
(1) Noun - An expert in a field, typically someone who is fairly young and very intelligent.
(2) Verb - To use ones mastery of a specific subject to perform some type of work.
(1) I need to find some physics wonk to help me out on this homework assignment.
(2) Every so often, I have Andy come over and wonk on my computer to get it fixed.
Derogatory word used to refer to George W. Bush.
Ever since Dubyah got in the white house, our country's been going down the tubes.