1) A text-mode environment, which, depending on the operating system, may be used locally (as is the case for most DOS
sessions) or remotely (via ssh
2) A computer intended for limited user interaction, such as the NES
or the Playstation
. Such computers are intended only for loading single programs in one session, although newer consoles are able to performs such feats as getting on the internet, networking between other consoles of the same type, and even running various operating systems compiled for its internals. Common input devices for consoles include controllers (also called paddles sometimes), joysticks, or arcade pads.
3) An archaic reference to the user input and output devices on a computer.
4) The dashboard of a car.
1) The hacker telnet
'd into my system and erased my porn archive through the console.
2) I spent all of my childhood in front of a console.
3) ENIAC's console stopped working ever since I had golden showers
with my lover on it.
4) I want to put these badass guages in my Civic
, but I don't want to remove the console.