1. Official political capital of The Republic
2. World's first city in which the number of mobile
phones has surpassed the number of fixed / landlines.
3. New name for the northern Indian city once called Indraprastha.
4. The capital city of the northern Indian state, Delhi.
5. One of the most metropolitan & cosmopolitan cities in the world with as many as 21 languages being spoken. Though Hindi
/ Hindostani (NOT Hindustani
) enjoying the first language status, English
being the general formal
6. People of the city are called New Delhiite or simply Delhiite.
7. The city has the world's largest public bus transportation system, 100% of which runs on CNG & is called DTC.
8. Locally called Dilli / Nai Dilli / Navi Dilli / Dehli.