Militant organisation of Black Americans founded in Oakland, California in 1966 by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale. Called upon Blacks to arm themselves against their oppressors. At the same time, provided free breakfasts for children in ghetto areas, (financed by donations from local merchants and wealthy sympathisers), and opened schools and medical centres. Organisation waned as leaders fled USA after arrests on various charges, police shootings and in-house fighting.
The Black Panthers is a fascinating movement, so challenging and controversial to American culture.
Relax, in Hungarian.
"Noogie, noogie, noogie," was screamed by the protestors when the cops exerted violent behavior while placing them under arrest.
You are smart. Brilliant in fact. And while it's a blessing, it's also a curse. Your head is filled with everything - grand ideas, insufferable worries, and a good deal of angst.
You're uniquely brilliant - and completely misunderstood.
Not like you really want anyone to understand you anyway. You're pretty happy being an island.
Shakespeare, Van Gough , Michaelangelo and Mozart have varying degress of genius.
Rock stars, poets, painters and artists are current pop culture tortured geniuses. The genius of geniuses managed to keep the wolf from the door.
September 20, 2009
1. A highly respected elderly or middle-aged woman. 2. A respected woman having extensive experience in her field. 3. Elegant, well-educated, an heir or presence about them.
The lady who entered the room turned many heads towards her and they will remember her after she has left - not by name but by her being because she is a grande dame. Sophia Loren, Katherine Hepburn, actresses. Georgia O'Keefe, painter/artist. Queen Latifa, rap artist.
1. A Portuguese word that roughly translates to "Let's experiment in the world of erotic experience in a dirty sort of way."
2. A dirty trick or shenanigan.
1. She walked past and I could see in her eyes she was a girl who liked to get down, dirty and nasty...sacanagem.
2. "Man, I trusted you and you lied to me. Sacanagem!"
December 30, 2008
1) the parts of the brain or the mind concerned with the reception and interpretation of sensory stimuli - the entire sensory apparatus
2) 80's gritty and haunted electronic track by Sheffield's Cabaret Voltaire. Ahead of their time and remain timeless. Video by Peter Care incorporates brilliant footage and angle work and the message conveyed is all about choice.
1) Without a properly functioning sensoria danger can be blindly mistaken for fun.
2) The 80s tracks 'sensoria' is to England is what GMF's 'the message' is to the US.
September 18, 2008
Short for social anxiety. Social anxiety is a term used to describe an experience of anxiety (emotional discomfort, fear, apprehension or worry) regarding social situations, interactions with other and being evaluated or scruntinized by other people.
A man finds it difficult to walk down the street because he’s self-conscious and feels that people are watching him from their windows. Worse, he may run into a person on the sidewalk and be forced to say hello to them. He’s not sure he can do that. His voice will catch, his "hello" will sound weak, and the other person will know he’s frightened.