To make oneself comfortable, usually by moving closer to another person or thing. To embrace closely, as to show affection or offer warmth.
Snuggling always helps me calm down and feel secure.
1. To express love
or close friendship
softly and gently. 2. To nestle together for warmth (physical, emotional, or both); snuggle
1. A close, affectionate embrace. 2. An act or instance of nestling together for warmth.
1a. Susan cuddled her new granddaughter.
1b. The kittens cuddled on the blanket.
2a. A good cuddle can sometimes show more love than words do.
2b. After a nine-hour flight, we were looking forward to a long cuddle in bed.
(NOTE: this entry defines only "small-b" bible, since too many users on this site use definitions of "capital-B" Bible to argue the merits of Christianity vs. atheism.)
1. A book considered authoritive in its field.
2. The canon
of any fictional work, such as a motion picture or a series of related novels; the history and "laws of reality" in a given fictional setting.
1. James Fixx's _Running_ is the jogger's bible.
2. By the time _I Dream of Jeannie_ was filmed in color, Sidney Sheldon must have edited the show's bible: older episodes sometimes show Jeannie escaping from her bottle independently, but newer ones imply that she never could.
Used to express a sentimental reaction to warm fuzzy
experiences. (The number of W's at the end is arbitrary, but at least two or three normally occur in this word.)
Awww...that kid hugging the teddy bear looks SO cute!
Awww, I love it when we snuggle...
1. A baby-talk pronunciation of love
. When used by adults, "wuv" implies that the love-object is cute
, and/or cuddly
. Very rarely used about sexual attraction; puppy love
is a near-synonym of this word.
2. Childlike displays of affection by someone who has fallen in "wuv".
...I wuv you sooo much, my widdle snuggle bear
2. My girlfriend's driving me nuts; every time we go on a date, she goes wuv-crazy.
A group of people cuddling en masse, usually to comfort each other or express mutual friendship. Sometimes associated with raves
and use of the drug Ecstasy
; however, G-rated
cuddle puddles can form in other situations.
Lisa's friends offered her so many hugs that everyone formed a cuddle puddle in the den.