The Supreme Mathematics, in the teachings of the Nation of Gods and Earths, is a system of understanding numbers alongside concepts that are used along with the Supreme Alphabet as tools to unlocking the keys to reality and the universe. Clarence 13X invented the system after splitting with the Nation of Islam.
Despite its name, the Supreme Mathematics is not actual mathematics. It instead is a variety of numerology specific to the theology and philosophy of the Nation of Islam and the Nation of Gods and Earths. The distinction between the two rests in large part on the fact that mathematics as such does not anthropomorphize numbers with such characteristics as Knowledge and Understanding, and also the fact that modern mathematics is founded solely on the axiomatic method, which the Supreme Mathematics lacks entirely. Because of this lack of axioms, the Supreme Mathematics is not useful for deriving new truths about logical objects (the principal activity of mathematicians) but instead is generally recognized as a collection of useful metaphors for specific philosophical concepts that benefit from a treatment drawing on the familiar concept of numbers.
A version of the Supreme Mathematics
Disclaimer: It is incumbent upon each individual to develop his or her own understanding of supreme mathematics. Although the definition of the terms are accepted throughout, the words below are another person's interpretation.
(1) Knowledge is simply the accumulation of facts through observing, learning, and respecting. Knowledge is the foundation of all in existence, for it must be known in order to make it manifest. Knowledge is the light given off by our sun, which is the foundation of our solar system. It is also the Original Man, who is the foundation of Allah's family.
(2) Wisdom is wise words being spoken, or to speak knowledge (or a wise dome, meaning a wise mind) and act according to it. Wisdom is water or the vital building block of life. Wisdom is the Original Woman because life is continued through her cipher (womb). It is also a reflection of one's knowledge and is shown and proved by the moon, being a reflection of the sun's light (knowledge). Knowledge plus the reflection of Knowledge equals Wisdom (1 + 1 = 2).
(3) Understanding is what shows and proves the completion of knowledge and wisdom (man, woman, and child). Understanding is a clear mental comprehension. It is the Original Child, which is a star. The highest form of understanding is love, the bond between man and woman, or Knowledge and Wisdom. Knowledge plus Wisdom equals Understanding (1 + 2 = 3).
(4) Culture/Freedom is one’s way of living, meaning one’s language (wisdom) and customs (ways and actions). The Original Man’s culture is Islam: freedom, justice, and equality, which is peace.
(5) Power is the force or creative energy. Power is the truth, which is Allah's mathematics. To have knowledge of the Culture of Islam is to have Power.
(6) Equality is the state or quality of being equal, meaning to deal equally with all in existence. Equality is achieved by teaching others Knowledge and Wisdom, and making it understood through Understanding.
(7) God: Allah is God. The supreme-being Blackman sic
, who is the original, is God Allah, Lord of All the Worlds, Supreme Ruler of the Universe, which is everything: sun, moon, and stars (God is the sun in the solar system, Man is the sun, Woman is the moon, Child is a star).
(8) Build or Destroy: To build is to elevate the mentality of self and others around the self to add positive energy to Allah's nation. To destroy is to ruin by allowing negativity to outweigh the positive.
(9) Born is the completion of all in existence, which is to manifest from Knowledge to Born, the law of mathematics—to be complete in itself.
(0) Cipher is the completion of a circle consisting of 360 degrees (120 degrees of Knowledge, 120 degrees of Wisdom, 120 degrees of Understanding), which is a whole. All in existence pertains to a cipher.
Understanding the use of the Supreme Mathematics
Supreme Mathematics are an alternative means to express numbers. Single digits are often referred to by its title. So the number 1 would be expressed as Knowledge. Multiple digits can be expressed in different ways.
In the course of casual conversation, a number with more than one digit will often be referred to by the names given in the Supreme Mathematics. So, the number 183 could be expressed as Knowledge Build Understanding in a casual conversation.
A number with multiple digits can also be expressed using addition, which involves adding the numbers together. If the result is a number with more than one digit, then the individual numbers are again added together. This continues until the final answer is one digit.
To use the example above, 183 can be expressed as Knowledge Build Understanding. If one were to use the second method, we first have to complete the addition of the digits contained in the original number, so 1 + 8 + 3 = 12. Because our result is more than one digit, we repeat the process: 1 + 2 = 3, so the final result of the number would be 3. To express it, however, this format would be used:
Knowledge Build Understanding All-born Knowledge Wisdom All-born Understanding
So in using this alternate method, each result of the addition is captured. They are separated with the phrase All-born. This method of expressing a number is only used in specific circumstances and usually not throughout the course of a casual conversation.