See Urban Emo. Defined as an individual who posesses all of the positive qualities of an emo with urban flair. Emobans are different from emos in several ways:more...
1. Emobans are well educated, with a fluent intellect, an appreciaition of various music styles, and a propensity for various mediums of art and art appreciation.
2. Emobans are generally more palatable to society's accursed members. They dress fashionably (or set trends), tell devilish morbid jokes, and are the definition of social chameloen, having connections to every thread of the socio-economic spider web.
3. Emobans are very sarcastic, and many times emotionally expressive.
4. Emobans don't nessicarily dye their hair black. Some emobans, in fact, are black. Many emobans, however, do cut their hair eccentricly, often with a razor (a dabbling in razory, as opposed to an obsession), and often covering at least one eye.
5. Emobans are both independent and conscencious individuals, not bound by "groups" or "cliques".
6. Emobans are mostly pessimistic about the fall and/or decay (decay, being perhaps the most intrinsic word to an emoban's dictionary) of (classical) civilization.
7. Emobans aren't obliterate imbeciles.
The "Age of Emoban", if you will, began slightly prior to the 1920s, with the flapper/post-flapper period. It has been mantained throughout the years, and revitilized recently with the introduction/recognition of the