12 step recovery jargon referring to someone new who talks about how great life is, now that they're sober. Usually meaning that the person is out of touch with reality.
The new guy seems pretty happy for a dude who has no job, no money and no family. He must be on a pink cloud.
1. To give someone a little praise, recognition.
2. To be rid of unending attention seeker ass kisser
3. To satisfy a high-maintenance individual
1. I saw the boss throwing a bone to that new kid in marketing today.
2. Jeez, would someone please throw her a bone?! If I have to listen to her suck up to the boss one more time I'm going to scream!
3. That guy Jack keeps calling me. Yeah, well just throw him a bone and he won't bug you as often.
The term Plug and Play is most associated with Microsoft, who started using it in reference to their Windows 95 product. Other operating systems (OSs), such as Mac OS, had already supported such features for some time (under various names), but the term gradually became universal over time. At the time of its initial offering by Microsoft, it was criticized by some as not being "proven" technology, which did not always work as it should. Detractors at the time of the earliest offering spoofed the functionality as "plug and pray" because "one never knew if in fact the thing would work."
"I sure hope this new wireless mouse works. I guess I'll just plug and pray"
Chick code for, "I have my period". Used in mixed company so as not to gross out any male innocents.
Girl 1: Hey, Shauna -- are you going to wear your freak at the show tonight?"
Girl 2: Nope, can't do it. My Aunt Flow is visiting from Redland."
A driver that hangs a small symbol of protection from their rear view mirror; usually a very poor driver and often found in the fast lane of most US metro highways going impossibly slow.
Sorry I'm late, but I got stuck behind a dozen shriners on the way over here.
A huge turd; in relation to "dropping anchor"
Man, I knew I had to drop anchor, but that was Tanker Anchor!
Removing one's backside from something.
You need to de ass that chair, I was sitting there first!