1) A mental state where one can not tell the difference between reality and their imagination.
3) A type of behaviour where a person may act in a way that may be seen as "uncool" or "weird" (and doesn't care).
3) The only way to fly.
Austin Powers: You're insane!
Goldmember: And that's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it!
A "character" created by the imagination to keep a person company. Sometimes, it can be difficult for the person to recognise that their "friend" is not real; at other times, they can be recognised as not being real, but are still used to offer comfort and company.
When I was three, I had one imaginary friend. When I was thirteen, I had five.
1) An original, imaginative person.
2) A cool, wacky and really really really nice friend.
Meep is one of the nicest people in this world.
1)Another name for alcohol, or an alcoholic drink.
2) Jackal with his eyes looking a tad unfocoused.
1) Too much blind jackal for you!
2) Peeves, why is Jackal looking a little blind?
1)In some contexts, the title imaginary friend
might be misleading. In these cases, the term 'character' is uses.
2)An alternative word for imaginary friend
, to be used in the presence of narrow minded and/or unimaginative people.
1) "Well, they're more than 'imaginary friends'. They're characters.
2) "Meep, can you send my characters back? "