It's not terribly strong, and one will often find little german children running around screaming Scheisse! Scheisse! More effective Is:
"Fick dich ins Knie du Arschloch"
Or simply "Fick dich", meaning fuck you
also spelled: Scheiße
(translation: i must fuck the fish... ohhh shit!)
Used as a plain noun or exclamation.
2) Compound form: sheiss ___ (originally Scheiß-/Scheiss-)
Used as part of an offense/pejorative term or just as an emphasis like "fucking ___". Works with nouns and adjectives.
3) Agent: sheisser (Scheißer/Scheisser)
Used as a pejorative term for a person, comparable to "fuckhead" or "damn jerk".
4) Adjective: sheisse (scheiße/scheisse; also: beschissen)
Used to describe stuff that's broken or just crap. Much handier in English than in German where you have to decline basically everything.
5) Verb: sheissen (scheißen/scheissen)
Never used unless you are really desperate to appear cool.
Sheisse! I forgot my keys at home.
2) I'm already late and my sheiss car won't work!
Man, it's so sheiss cold today!
3) I asked my best friend to look after my girlfriend while I'm abroad and this sheisser fucked her almost the moment i was gone!
4) This TV-show is so sheisse I can't take it anymore!