Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe, witht the territory of approximately 600.000 square km. (second largest country in Europe except Russia) and the population of about 48 million ppl.
Till 1992 has been in the USSR, the Soviet Union, then declared independence.
Languages spoken - Ukrainian mostly on West of the country and Russian elswhere, mostly in Eastern parts. Actually a bilingual country.
Capital city - Kyiv (or Kiev depending whether you transliterate it from Ukrainian or Russian), about 3 mln ppl.
Ukraine (not 'THE Ukraine, wtf?') has its pros and contras as ANY OTHER country in this small world.
Some good facts about it:
- Very pretty women. Really. You come and see - really a LOT of beautiful chics around;
- Great nature. Mountians, seashores, steppes, rivers and lakes, etc;
- Great culture, in spite of being some 3 centuries a colony to the north neighbour, Russia, Ukraine has its own culture, literature, music, etc;
- Good-hearted, well educated people, full of hospitality and sense of humour, who love to eat smackest dishes in the world - vareniks (stuffed dough balls), borshch, and many others;
- Really the best and purest vodkas produced in Ukraine. While it's located between Russia and Poland, believed to be the homelands of vodka, namely Ukraine is the cradle of the purest vodkas, because there they produced it ONLY from wheat, which makes the drink really smooth. Ukraine never brags about its vodkas, because they love to drink thgemseves and drink A LOT and btw the do it NEAT, not mixing the greatest drink with any poisonous stuff like coke or vermouth.
Plus booze is cheap here. You can buy a great vodka, e.g. 'SV-Classic' or 'Medoff', with the quality of the product equals to or better than 'Grey Goose' or 'Absolute' for less then $4!
Bad stuff about Ukraine:
- It's corrupted government, thinking how to make as much dough as they can, and not thinking about the nation;
- Chernobyl nuclear plan disaster. Some places in Ukraine are 'no-go' due to their territories were extremely polluted with the harmful radiation;
- Because 70 years of the Communist slavery - general poverty of the popultaion led to such phenomena like 'Ukrainian mafia' in Europe and 'cheap Ukrainian whores' around the world. I thinks these are curable 'deseases', depending on the growing GDP per capita.
Klitschko brothers are from Kiev, Ukraine:))
home to one of the best, most advanced armies of 17th and 18th century - cossaks
Ukrainian Cossacks kicked everyon's ass.
member of the CIS. Very beautiful women with healthy chests and hot accents.
by anonymous Sep 12, 2003 add a video
The number ONE country for bootleg CDs, DVDs, Computer Software, etc.
Anything that can be copied or pirated can be found in Ukraine for cheap prices, and usually months before official release dates.
- Hey guess what, "ICE AGE 3" is already out in Ukraine.
- WTF? "ICE AGE 2" is still in theaters here...
Original name - Ukrayina
To simply put it is BETTER then Russia*
To all you russian wannabes includin Vladimir Putin:
Back off and please keep the Europe clean
* At least in soccer!
FORZA UKRAINE!Óêðà¿íà ×åìï³îí!
Best place to be ever! It's where I come from, it's where I wanna come back and it's where I've had the best times of my life. There are beautiful mountains (Colorado sucks pretty bad in somparison), cool people (me n my buddies - just kidding), yummy ice-cream and the best local music scene ever (Lviv rocks like anything else!). Come to Ukraine and you'll love it there n plz don't confuse Ukraine with Russia, we're totally different
Ukraine - ja tebe liubliu!
A country that makes you laugh and cry at the same time!
Place yourself in a cornfield and wait. It will make you a better man.