Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe, witht the territory of approximately 600.000 square km. (second largest country in Europe except Russia) and the population of about 48 million ppl.
Till 1992 has been in the USSR, the Soviet Union, then declared independence.
Languages spoken - Ukrainian mostly on West of the country and Russian elswhere, mostly in Eastern parts. Actually a bilingual country.
Capital city - Kyiv (or Kiev depending whether you transliterate it from Ukrainian or Russian), about 3 mln ppl.
Ukraine (not 'THE Ukraine, wtf?') has its pros and contras as ANY OTHER country in this small world.
Some good facts about it:
- Very pretty women. Really. You come and see - really a LOT of beautiful chics around;
- Great nature. Mountians, seashores, steppes, rivers and lakes, etc;
- Great culture, in spite of being some 3 centuries a colony to the north neighbour, Russia, Ukraine has its own culture, literature, music, etc;
- Good-hearted, well educated people, full of hospitality and sense of humour, who love to eat smackest dishes in the world - vareniks (stuffed dough balls), borshch, and many others;
- Really the best and purest vodkas produced in Ukraine. While it's located between Russia and Poland, believed to be the homelands of vodka, namely Ukraine is the cradle of the purest vodkas, because there they produced it ONLY from wheat, which makes the drink really smooth. Ukraine never brags about its vodkas, because they love to drink thgemseves and drink A LOT and btw the do it NEAT, not mixing the greatest drink with any poisonous stuff like coke or vermouth.
Plus booze is cheap here. You can buy a great vodka, e.g. 'SV-Classic' or 'Medoff', with the quality of the product equals to or better than 'Grey Goose' or 'Absolute' for less then $4!
Bad stuff about Ukraine:
- It's corrupted government, thinking how to make as much dough as they can, and not thinking about the nation;
- Chernobyl nuclear plan disaster. Some places in Ukraine are 'no-go' due to their territories were extremely polluted with the harmful radiation;
- Because 70 years of the Communist slavery - general poverty of the popultaion led to such phenomena like 'Ukrainian mafia' in Europe and 'cheap Ukrainian whores' around the world. I thinks these are curable 'deseases', depending on the growing GDP per capita.
Klitschko brothers are from Kiev, Ukraine:))
September 14, 2004