Till 1992 has been in the USSR, the Soviet Union, then declared independence.
Languages spoken - Ukrainian mostly on West of the country and Russian elswhere, mostly in Eastern parts. Actually a bilingual country.
Capital city - Kyiv (or Kiev depending whether you transliterate it from Ukrainian or Russian), about 3 mln ppl.
Ukraine (not 'THE Ukraine, wtf?') has its pros and contras as ANY OTHER country in this small world.
Some good facts about it:
- Very pretty women. Really. You come and see - really a LOT of beautiful chics around;
- Great nature. Mountians, seashores, steppes, rivers and lakes, etc;
- Great culture, in spite of being some 3 centuries a colony to the north neighbour, Russia, Ukraine has its own culture, literature, music, etc;
- Good-hearted, well educated people, full of hospitality and sense of humour, who love to eat smackest dishes in the world - vareniks (stuffed dough balls), borshch, and many others;
- Really the best and purest vodkas produced in Ukraine. While it's located between Russia and Poland, believed to be the homelands of vodka, namely Ukraine is the cradle of the purest vodkas, because there they produced it ONLY from wheat, which makes the drink really smooth. Ukraine never brags about its vodkas, because they love to drink thgemseve...
Anything that can be copied or pirated can be found in Ukraine for cheap prices, and usually months before official release dates.
- WTF? "ICE AGE 2" is still in theaters here...
To simply put it is BETTER then Russia*
To all you russian wannabes includin Vladimir Putin:
Back off and please keep the Europe clean
* At least in soccer!