1. n. abrv. Original Poster - The original poster of a forum or imageboard thread
2. n. abrv. Original Post - The first post in a forum or imageboard thread
3. n. abrv. Opening - A common abbreviation for opening, most commonly used in Japan or regarding anime
4. n. abrv. Overpowered - Statement that something is too powerful, usually in a game
1. <someperson>The OP is stupid
2. <someperson> Sauce pl0x
<otherperson> Read the OP, the source torrent is there
3. <someperson> Anyone seen the new Haruhi OP?
<otherperson> yeah it's awesome
4. <someperson> Wow the chaingun is really op
lopl: An exclamation, a better version of lol.
No-one knows what the p stands for, not even the person who created it.
An alternative spelling is ropr, which is even more epic.
lopl he raegquit