1. Hispanic word for a cheap sandal or flip-flops; also known as chancla. Often found under the bed.
2. Often used as disciplinary tool to correct lamentable behavior.
May be used as a adjective (chancletero/chancletera-one who wears cheap sandals/flip flops; also used as verb (chanclaso-severe beating with a chancleta/chancla)
1. "Yo, why are you wearing socks with chancletas?"
"Get my chancletas, I'm going out"
"Have you seen my chancleta, I seem to have misplaced it"
2. "You better clean that room before you get a chancleta in the face!"
3. "Why is your thigh red?
It got in the way of a chancleta."
4. "I hear that chancletero coming down the hall"
5. "I came home late last night and got the chanclaso of my life!"