Cuddling is NOT hugging.
Hugging is what you do when you're standing up. Cuddling is what you do when you're lying down.
To completely spell it out, since the below people apparently have no idea what cuddling is: you and another (usually) person lie down next to each other in such a way that the two bodies are touching AND the arms of at least one person are wrapped around the other person.
"But we're not cuddling; this is a hug since we are standing up."
"Oh. Wanna lie down and cuddle then?"
"Yes, because that would make sense."
1. To express love or close friendship by hugging softly and gently. 2. To nestle together for warmth (physical, emotional, or both); snuggle.
1. A close, affectionate embrace. 2. An act or instance of nestling together for warmth.
1b. The kittens cuddled on the blanket.
2a. A good cuddle can sometimes show more love than words do.
2b. After a nine-hour flight, we were looking forward to a long cuddle in bed.
Usually a result of simple bordem, romance, or as a way of consoling sadness.
2) He cuddled her in the rain as she was crying
2. She liked to cuddle before sex.
3. Tim cuddled up with his dog and went to sleep.
4. This blanket is perfect to cuddle in.