. Often includes panty-shots, nudity, or perverted situations. Almost always used for humor. Ecchi does not describe actual sex acts.
Cutey Honey has ecchi scenes.
1. In "anime" (Japanese animation) fan circles, when you say something is "ecchi" you mean it is erotic, but usually not with all-out sex or anything very vulgar. Basically like "hentai" but more softcore.
2. In Japanese: comes from English letter "H," possibly an abbreviation of the word "hentai" which means perverted/sexually deviant. Refers to the act of sex, or can refer to anything sexual in nature if used as an adjective with the -na suffix.
1. This anime has some ecchi parts, but nothing too bad--just a panty shot and a part where you see a girl's nipple for a few seconds.
2. Ecchi shiyou. ("Let's have sex.")
Ecchi is a word that has two related but VERY different meanings in Japanese and English respectivly.
English: Ecchi in English speaking anime fandom is considered to mean mildly perverted. It is used to describe anime and manga with panty shots, the occasional nipple, sexual humour, and other forms of fanservice but does not actualy conatain sex.
Japanese: In the Japanese usage "ecchi" literaly means "sex". When the Japanese refer to "ecchi anime" they mean what English speakers would call "hentai", which in Japan is used to mean "pervert"
English: Its not hentai! Its just ecchi!
Japanese: Ano hentai wa ecchi anime ga suki desu.
Translation: That pervert(hentai) likes sex(ecchi) anime.
Ecchi is the pronunciation for the letter 'H'. It is a word for lewd or perverted and often related to hentai
- especially in Japanese, where ecchi is slang for hentai
. More often than not, though, ecchi is used to describe people rather than things such as anime
He has H on the mind.
I think the people who wrote this are ecchi.
From what I have been told and seen it seems that ecchi is a manga term to describe nudity that isn't sexually oriented whereas hentai is all about sex.
I would say magical girl transformation sequences that are in the nude could be considered ecchi
When used as an insult, means "You perv" while hentai
means more "You sick-minded, disgusting freak"
And it -does- mean lighter perversion, though western culture has twisted it.
"I'm waiting for something ecchi to happen"
The sound of "H" in japanese phoneme which is a shorthand for saying "hentai".
The most commonly used word for "sex" in modern time Japan; was also used for defining erotic means across the internet by foreigners.
Japanese way: Have you ecchi-ed with your boyfriend?
Foreign way: damn this ecchi site is been banned, awwwh I wasted soo much money on getting the membership key.