Olympic host city for the 2004 games. Capital of Greece.
"He should be in Athens, look at him go."
Athens, Georgia is home to the University of Georgia where the Georgia Bulldog's play their home game. On Saturdays when the Georgia Bulldog football team plays in georgia you will be swarmed with the color red. If you're not wearing red, you will get bad service and probably cussed out if you p. o. someone. There's a section for aristocrats, middle class, and poor people in Athens. Also, there's a lot of tan, fit women that walk around in very atractive clothing.
Man, I wanna go to Athens right now to see the football game, but I live in Atlanta. And in Atlanta there's only the suck Georgia Tech team to watch. That isn't much fun.
A small redneck shithole out yonder in Clarkhole County (see 'Deliverance').
Make sure your gun is loaded when traveling through Athens. You never know when some fat toothless woman will try to hog tie and rape you.
Athens (pronounced /ˈæθn̩s
/; Αθήνα, Athina aˈθina
), the capital and largest city in Greece, dominates the Attica periphery: as one of the world's oldest cities, its recorded history spans at least 3,000 years.
The Greek capital has a population of 745,514 (in 2001) within its administrative limits1
and a land area of 39 km² (15 sq mi).3
The urban area of Athens extends beyond the administrative city limits with a population of 3.37 million (in 2005).4
The metro area of Athens spans 412 km² (159 sq mi)3
and encompasses a population of 3.192.606.1
The Athens Larger Urban Zone (LUZ) is the 8th most populated LUZ in the European Union with an estimated population of 3.89 million (in 2001).5
A bustling and cosmopolitan metropolis, Athens is central to economic, financial, industrial, political and cultural life in Greece. It is rapidly becoming a leading business centre in the European Union.
Classical Athens was a powerful city-state. A center for the arts, learning and philosophy, home of Plato's Akademia and Aristotle's Lyceum,6
One of the few places in the world where one can actually live in peace.
I love living in Athens.
The capital of Greece. Athens is located in the periphery of Attica. It is then divided into East Attica, West Attica, Piraeus, and Athens. The capital itself today has approximately 5 million people. This is amazing due to the fact that all of Greece has a total population of 12.5 million - and half of them are located in the capital. Up front, Athens looks good, but is really bad on the inside. Aside from it's rich history that dates back to 2,000 B.C., most of it is dangerous. To start off, let's talk about the "good" areas: Eastern Attica, Piraeus, and the northern boundaries. These are the areas least affected from violence and crime. The northern boundaries, or heights, have the lowest crime rate. This is due to where all the rich white Greek people live. Aside from there the rest of Athens in general is bad. The worst areas: Omonoia, Syntagma, downtown Athens, and Exarchia are all the areas polluted by crime. Athens, as a matter of fact, comes #1 in crime rate in all of Europe. We Greeks take alot of pride in that. Central (downtown) Athens and Omonoia are run by the mafia and drug dealers. (*see below.) Crack is to New York as heroin is to Athens. Another fun fact is that Omonoia is 75% foreign populated (Bulgarians, Pakistanians, Russians, Albanians, Czecks, Swedes, etc.) The remaining 25% Greeks in the area are: old residents and Mafia figures. Aside from that, I warn all new comers to my hometown: if you're a tourist, don't stay long, and if y...more...
A sometimes asshole-ish guy, but someone you fall in love with easily.
Athen has me head over heels.