1) A 5000 year old civilization in Asia, first flourished in the land between the Huang and Chang rivers.
2) An economic superpower in ancient and modern times. As of 2010, it is the world's 2nd largest economy.
3) The world's most populous state, as of 2010.
4) The 3rd nation in the history of mankind to send astronauts into orbit.
5) Another name for porcelain
6) A nation of one people divided by two regimes, the People's Republic of China, and the Republic of China.
Q: Why does the U.S. only recognizes Communist China, and not Taiwan, even though in popular media, most people are sympathetic to Taiwan's statehood?
A: Nixon thought it was a good idea back in the 70's.