stuff to put on your chips. Chiefly British.
Known as sore finga in Chinese takeaways
"You wan sore finga?"
"...no thanks!.. Oh, 'salt and vinegar' yes please"
1) A Northern English scally term used to express unfairness:
2) A Northern English scally term used to vocalise embarrassment:
3) A Buddhist word to describe the compassionate fundamental nature of Great Enlightened Beings...
1) Wayne: "Maccy D's have barred us it's proper shan... tho I s'pose I did pull me kecks down and throw a pickle at a member of staff..."
2) "Your uncle is Pat Sharp... what a shan!!"
(To make a shan of oneself is to publicly embarrass oneself. ie "I made a shan of myself." Shant is it's past participle. ie "I was pure shant last night" or "I was shant reet up like, eh!")
3) man: "Dalai Lama... why is it that the more I think of people's inherently loving nature, my compassion for humanity grows?"
Dalai Lama: "You're pure shan...."