Stands for 'Dump The Motherfucker Already'. From Dan Savage's 'Savage Love' column. It's advice given to someone complaining about a significant other's repellent behaviour. Often given, seldom taken. Concise, if not tactful, it's often a shock to the complainant, who might not be able to look at the situation objectivelly and see how bad it's gotten.
Should be used either when a person keeps repeating the same complaints over and over again and seems unhappy in the relationship and unwilling to do anything about it, or when anyone can see at a glance that it's a toxic, if not abusive, relationship.
Lindsey: "Aargh, I'm so frustrated with Jon, he never calls when he says he will and keeps telling me about what other girls are hot! What should I do???"
Rachel: "Well, considering you've been doing nothing but tell me about how much you hate Jon for the past three months, you should either tell him this, or DTMFA. We're all sick of hearing it!"
Alex: "Yeah, I'd love to come hang out with you guys, but Jamie will totally lose it if I talk to another girl. Last time I went somewhere without her she locked me out of the house and wouldn't talk to me for two days."
Leighanne: What the hell? She sounds like a total psycho. You should DTMFA before she boils your bunny or something.
A sarcastic reply to someone's pointless, obvious statement. Can be said with varying degrees of snark or nastiness, depending on situation
Origin uncertain. May come from the 'helpful tips' supplied by computer programs and similar.
Lucy walks in out of the rain, soaked to the skin.
Dennis: Wow, you're soaking wet!
Lucy: Thanks tips! I hadn't noticed even though my hair is dripping all over your floor!
Verb; rape conducted by way of impersonating someone else. The term comes from the Obfuscate discipline in Old or New World of Darkness. The obfurapist will make him or herself look like someone, and then sleep with that person's significant other.
(1) I thought I had really awesome sex last night, but the lights were off and I never got a good look at their face. I think I might have been obfuraped.
(2) That character has been through a lot of trauma, like getting stalked and obfuraped by a psychotic elder.
(3) Obfurape is NEVER OKAY!
A situation or idea that is incredibly wrong and disturbing, or would cause an extreme amount of drama. Even contemplating this is enough to cause a major headache.
1. Shit damn, Tom just told me he's into Charlotte and wants to ask her out, but considering he dated her best friend for two years, that's a whole world of no right there.
2. Look at that dress in the picture; it looks pretty good on the model, she has no breasts, but on me it'd be a world of no.
3. The party was fine until Derek started in on the wine; that boy and red wine combined made for an entire world of no.