1. Also known as the San Antonio de Valero, a mission in San Antonio
most widely known for the battle
that took place there.
2. The name of the battle and the siege
that took place in February and March of 1836 where hundreds (the true number of defenders is really unknown) of Texans (Tejano
) defended the mission, now a fort, because they believe if they lose San Antonio, back then the largest city in Texas, all chances for Independence
will be lost, but instead fuelled the idea of Independence.
3. The famouse battle cry used in the Battle of San Jacinto
4. The official nickname for San Antonio.
5. The most haunted site in Texas.
6. Anything named after the battle or mission.
1. Me: I always see The Alamo while I'm wondering in Downtown
2. Teacher: Today we will learn the significance of the Battle of The Alamo on Texas History
3. Texas Soldier: Remember The Alamo!!!
4. The Alamo
5. Scared Tourist
: Holy Shit, The Alamo is Haunted!!!!
6. The Alamodome.