1. (n.) Polite term for human excrement in a toilet that has failed to flush for one of a variety of reasons...(see i-iv below);
2. Used to endearingly identify one's offspring;
3. Popular word to convey moment of impact and subsequent existence of (ideally) well-shaped (circular in cross-section) and solid 'plomb' in a toilet;
4. Conveys the two most popular instances that 'flash' into the non-Creator's mind upon detecting a plomb, (i) A BOMB!!... (ii) the precise moment it 'plo'pped (in the water from within Creator);
4. 'Lead' (metal) in French;
5. (Orig.) fusion of 'plop' and 'bomb'; coined in early seventies.
Reasons for non-flush and therefore plomb:
i. the Creator is still admiring its profile;
ii. the Creator forgot to flush it, simply;
iii. the Creator is still admiring its aquadynamics;
iv. Creator failed to account for extended reading or repose and hitherto subsequent resilience of plomb;
iv. the Creator has planted a deliberate 'plomb' for a non-Creator to stop in tracks and admire.
Examples in context:
1. I say, that was a mighty impressive plomb you left, Sir.
4. Fuel attendant - 'Quelle petrol, Monsieur?
Customer - Plomb!
A big blue animated glove (has teeth and eyes, sort of a baddie though the plot isn't altogether important) in The Beatles' classic animated film, 'The Yellow Submarine'. Also rockets about and turns into a fist. (Image to follow..)
(Loose quote from poor memory)
'Oh Glovie, dear sweet glovie... Now KIIILLLL them!'