2) Tolerance (passive): The process by which one gradually become less and less bothered by another belief, prejudice or hatred due to continued exposure.
3) Tolerance (liberal): What the majority should have towards minorities, but not vice versa
2) Bigots would have more tolerance if they just hung around more of our people
3) Those damn, horrible hateful bigots should all be shot dead by us tolerant, peace-loving non-bigots... um, as a service to society, of course.
2. In medicine and pharmacology, the situation in which an individual requires larger and larger doses of a drug in order to get the same physical or mental effects.
3. In sociology and politics, the act of treating others as equals, despite the fact that those others do not share your beliefs or differ in how they live their lives.
2. It is possible for a patient to build tolerance to antidepressants, painkillers, and other drugs, requiring a prescription for a larger dose.
3. Tolerance means that I must not resort to violence or slander against a person with whom I disagree. It does not mean that I have to support or agree with your beliefs, regardless of what the radical left has to say about it.
It has now been distorted by liberals to demand agreement with, condoning of and enabling of a point of view regardless of the other party's beliefs and convictions. One demanding this brand of tolerance offers no respect to the other party, does not offer either type of tolerance and often viciously goes on the attack with labels.