1. Another term for "ghetto." Except that slums would be used more to describe a metropolitan ghetto rather than a small town ghetto.
2. Originaly used to desribe the ghetto neighborhoods of New York city and Los Angeles.
(also see "hoodlums.")
I had to work real hard to rise up from the slums.
The Luxury Circle Trailer Park in Jackson, New Jersey... home of Hoop, the Mountain Man
There is a big sign that says "slum" in front of the luxury circe trailer park.
Rian is going to slum it this year.
Poor quality, poor performance, not necessarily referring to poverty. A sad, destitute state. Evidence of decline (in quality)
That was such a slum performance by the band today.
I haven't gone to school for three days, and haven't done a drop of homework, i'm really slumming man.
A more formal name for the ghetto
It's hard to believe that some people ACTUALLY take pride in living in the slums. They sure must love the poverty, violence, and poor educational system of such an environment.
Descriptive of anything displeasing, of low quality, unskilled, unattractive, or lazy.
In a general sense, it can be used to describe anything in a negative way
1) "Jamal was slummin' at hoops today."
2) "My test grade was so slum! I got an F"
3) "The paint job on that car is so slum!"
a severe intoxicated mindstate; the point of intoxication where fantasy becomes reality, whilst stepping outside of your usual realm
Joe:Man you are drunk as hell man
Bob:Man i feel drunker than drunk bro
Joe: bro, you know what that means?
Bob: No, What?
Joe: You are SLUM bro