1. The use of information as a weapon.
2. Countering government propaganda.
3. Undermining Advertising.
1. Many people don't wish society to continue as it is, but, having no physical weapons or a desire to use them, resort to informationism to effect change.
2. It's good informationism to keep pointing out that there were no links between the former Iraqi Dictator, Saddam Hussein and Al-Quaeda, or WMD in Iraq.
3. In a world where truth is defined by those who can afford to spend the most money to have their version of it advertised widely, we must rely on informationism to present a balanced view.