Noun: (See also eggchasing
A bizzare sport played with a ball shaped like an egg that bounces oddly.
Created after some guy was so rubbish at football he picked it up and ran with it at private Rugby School, England, also known as Toff's Palace. Also known as 'the Darkest day in Sport' ever.
The idea of Rugby is to run the egg over the tryline of the opposing team. Alternative points can be scored by kicking the egg between two goalposts (H-shaped) at the ends of the rectangular pitch.
NB: Rugby is a terrible sport. The reasons why follow:
- Is the only sport I know that actually ENCOURAGES you to fall on another man's rear
- The ball is the wrong shape
- Played by snobs who call it 'rugger'
- People pretend its an international sport when really only '6 nations' (4 of which are currently or where part of Great Britain) can be arsed to turn up in the whole of Europe (even San Marino cobble together a team for football, 16 countries make up the European Championships in football) and the only other countries who care about rugby are in the Commonwealth - Great Britain owns them!
- Has two forms to disgrace our TV screens with - Union and League
- You can kick the egg out of play for your benefit (?)
- Anyone under 6'0" can't really get involved
Overall, rugby is crap. England are current world champions beating mighty forces in world sport such as Georgia and Romania to the final. A game for closet homosexuals who like to feel men up when in a scrum.
Play proper sports that are truly international like golf, tennis and football. Ditch the ugly blot of 'sport' that is rugby.
For God's sake ... Grandstand have Rugby on all day again. Turn on Soccer Saturday - a proper sport everyone cares about!