1) The name of a great independent film from 1991
featuring such novelties as Madonna
's pap smear. Shot in Austin
, Texas, on a shoestring budget, it may be about the definitive movie on Slackers forever after.
Tends to be sort of affectionate slang in this context.
2) Synonym for a typical member of Generation X
(born 1964-1981 roughly). Anyone who smoked reefer, wore flannel or owned the Chronic
or any music by Sublime
, the Red Hot Chili Peppers
, Pearl Jam
, etc., in the first half of the 1990s
. Anyone who liked movies directed by Quentin Tarantino
Tends to be neutral slang, when used in this context.
3) Antonym of a politically aware member of the Baby Boom
generation (born 1946-1963 roughly). Someone who thought of the Beatles
being as historically relevant today as the Civil War
or the War of 1812
In this context is usually pejorative and insulting.
4) A description of a young man in the early 20th Century, who avoided military
duty. An amoral
, lazy coward
Also negative in this context
1) The movie Slacker was brilliant. I could not stop seeing people I grew up with portrayed in the characters. It's a great movie to smoke weed and watch, when you're bored and not in the mood to write your Master's Thesis.
2) Wow. Lots of Slackers at Lollapalooza this year again. I wish someone would shoot Ani DeFranco.
3) You fucking Slackers think that Reaganomics was cool. You probably never even heard of Kent State or the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Too bad you weren't old enough to have had to have been drafted and sent to Vietnam.
4) You yellow-bellied slackers will be court-martialed, when General Patton returns from the Battle of the Bulge.
Someone who puts off doing things to the last minute, and when the last minutes comes, decides it wasn't all that important anyways and forgets about it
Man I wish I could be a slacker like that guy Angry Steve.
A slacker is someone who while being intelligent, doesn't really feel like doing anything. A good example would be someone who gets Bs and As, while doing absolutely nothing other than playing video games on occasion.
Being a typical slacker, Yuri didn't feel like doing his english report. Fuck it. Not doing it would only bring him down 3 points. Besides I'm playing video games.
Someone capable of doing work, but is too lazy to do it correctly; Work-a-phobic
Dave from the 2001 movie "Slackers"
someone who does the least that is required. in school they take classes that require the least amount of effort such as band
or if possible a study hall
and in those classes they play cards if possible. slackers also procrastinate often. they are also often characterized by laziness.
i am a slacker, you should be too
someone who is very lazy, doesn't do their work until the last minute, and frankly, enjoys it
Greg is a big slacker...he's only read 50 of the 150 pages he needs to read by tomorrow and its already midnight
A person who does anything they can to avoid doing work. A person who doesn't do a big project till the last night, and then does it half-assed and turns it in. A person who writes urban dictionary definitions instead of studying for his finals. A person who would rather smoke weed and play video games all day than do anything else.
Imma slacker, never did I have a lot of dough
Imma slacker, smoking pot and watchin' videos
Imma slacker, go whichever way the wind blows
Those just tuning in I'm just letting' ya know
Imma slacker, every time I take a look around
Imma slacker, stuck upon my face is a frown
I don't do enough, I just fool around
Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound
from Slacker by Tech n9ne
An accolite of the Church of Subgenius
. A person who chooses the path of least resistance.
Norm: "Shizzle dude, it's time for work..."
Accolite: "..Tell em I cant go in because my religion forbids it"