Tends to be sort of affectionate slang in this context.
2) Synonym for a typical member of Generation X (born 1964-1981 roughly). Anyone who smoked reefer, wore flannel or owned the Chronic, Doggystyle or any music by Sublime, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam , Nirvana, Rancid , etc., in the first half of the 1990s. Anyone who liked movies directed by Quentin Tarantino.
Tends to be neutral slang, when used in this context.
3) Antonym of a politically aware member of the Baby Boom generation (born 1946-1963 roughly). Someone who thought of the Beatles, Vietnam, Woodstock or JFK being as historically relevant today as the Civil War or the War of 1812.
In this context is usually pejorative and insulting.
4) A description of a young man in the early 20th Century, who avoided military duty. An amoral, lazy coward.
Also negative in this context
2) Wow. Lots of Slackers at Lollapalooza this year again. I wish someone would shoot Ani DeFranco.
3) You fucking Slackers think that Reaganomics was cool. You probably never even heard of Kent State or the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Too bad you weren't old enough to have had to have been drafted and sent to Vietnam.
4) You yellow-bellied slackers will be court-martialed, when General Patton returns from the Battle of the Bulge.
Imma slacker, never did I have a lot of dough
Imma slacker, smoking pot and watchin' videos
Imma slacker, go whichever way the wind blows
Those just tuning in I'm just letting' ya know
Imma slacker, every time I take a look around
Imma slacker, stuck upon my face is a frown
I don't do enough, I just fool around
Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound
from Slacker by Tech n9ne