A place to escape controlling parents and to replace with controlling admins and teachers. With one difference
At school you have friends.
School is for friends; college is for partying.
There is a Reason for getting decent grades: Escape control: If they think "oh s/he's such a good student"; then you can get away with so much more.
Jen: I hate school. I'm gonna drop out...
Jim: Why man, School's for friends...
Jen: Too much work...
Jim: Screw the work do enough so you get a B; then you can keep hanging out with me next semester.
***Walking down hallway sees an Admin oh no, *o*- no pass! Jim acts smoothly.***
Jim: Hey Mr. V how's your day going?
Mr. V: my day is going fine, very well in fact... thanks for asking. You know, you’re not really supposed to be up here, normally I'm supposed to write you up, but I'd hate to spoil my good day, can you please go down stairs...
Jim: Oh I've just got to the Chem. room for a minute... my teacher wanted me to run and get her some supplies...
Mr. V: all right you need me to unlock the door...
Jim: Yeah that's be great!
Mr. V: see you around ... Congrats on the honor role by the way...
Award for good grades:
With your friends off school grounds on Senior Privileges 30 mins later...
Jen: That's what I love about hanging out with you; you can get away with anything; you are in with all the admins.
Jim: Yep. They think we're obeying their rules but we've always got our own agenda. Hand me that fuse... I'll show you the proper way to take care of this watermelon...
...would someone like to explain to me...WHAT THE HELL THIS IS???
1. Curriculum: it is by the enforcement of curriculum that we can positively ensure your mental intake of information is kept in a rigid line. You will have no time to experience other things; even if you did you would feel guilty. “What a waist of space in my mind” You’d think.
2. Exams: It is by the continuous use of exams that we can ensure your self-esteem remains at an all-time low. Lower grades means lower respect. You will be called an idiot; you will have low chances in life. The alternative is to succumb to the weight of society, allow us to control your mind. It is easier this way. We promise.
3. Ritualistic mornings: This is the fun part! You now will have to awaken at early hours. Yes any chance of true restfulness is completely imposable. Do you ever walk into school and feel, for a split second, as though you are unconscious? That is how we want you to feel all the time. That is the point in early mornings.
4. Social humiliation: Yes, we didn’t plan this out. So don’t think we’ll take credit for it, yes this part is all thanks to you. It not only away chips away your self-esteem it also encourages hatred, which you will feel toward foreign nations later in life. We guarantee it.
5. Repetitiveness: It is by the continuous repetitiveness of your scholarly years that we can encourage a clockwork feeling within you.
6. Useless information: By presenting you with this information we can disallow independent thought. While you may begin to think for yourself your teacher, asking you to pay attention, will continually interrupt you. This is one of my favourites!
7. Obedience: Yes this is firmly set into the school world. Discipline, self-discipline, thought-discipline hell it’s all here! We take great pride in our ability to control you. Our shrill voices echoing down the corridor. Yes you needn’t ever feel safe, in or out of school. Be afraid, be very afraid.
8. Long term: This will last sometime; you probably won’t be able to remember a time you weren’t in school. No mode of comparison, excellent.
9. Holidays: We have carefully timed these so that they are long enough to maintain sanity but short enough to deter independent thought.
10. Work ethic: You cannot be a worker without work ethic.
We hope you enjoy your stay. Don’t try to escape, even if the gate is always open.
school is a canspiracy, man. whenever someone figures out whats going on, BAM! they have "problems" and need to see the "counselor"