A statement of disbelief in a sarcastic manner. It`s like "seriously
" but more obnoxious.
The Simpsons - Season 21 - "O Brother, Where Bart Thou?"
Lisa: Global warming can cause weather at both extremes. Hot AND cold.
Homer: I see. So you`re saying "warming" makes it colder.
-Homer calls Lisa crazy and does a stupid dance-
Lisa: Really? Really? Uh huh.. All right.
In response to a question that just shouldn't be asked.<Slight Pause> Then said while cocking your head to the side a bit.
I really think Sanjaya should have made it. Really?
The word "really" in true essence is pronounced REAAAAAAALLLLLYY (most effective when pronounced for 4-7 seconds), and is a phrase used to express a feeling of astonistment, being extremely suprised about a particular event or often just used as a filler untill the speaker can think of something better to say. Indivudials are advised to refrain from using the term in serious settings though.
Example 1- (appropriate setting of really)
Speaker 1: Bro i just got dome from the girl of my dreams
Speaker 2: REAAAAAAALLLLLYYY?!
Speaker 1: yeah bro i did
Speaker 2: oh true thats legit bro
Example 2- (Inappropriate setting)
Speaker 1: Bro i think i got Mandy pregnant
Speaker 2: REEEEEEEAALLLLLLY?!
Speaker 1: Dawg, im not joking that shit is uncalled for
Speaker 2: My bad bro, best of luck with that rather unfortunate situation, much apologizes
Speaker 1: I appreciate the concern
a word said when you can't believe that someone has said, asked or done something so stupid, unbelievable, or unbelievably stupid. Often said very sarcastically.
1."John borrowed my car for 3 days, and didn't put any gas in it. Then asked to use it again. I was like, 'Really, dude?'"
2."Megan slept with that guy on the first date, then cried when he didn't call her back. All I could say was 'Really? What'd you expect to happen?'"
1. in real life.
2. in large amounts; big time.
1. She was really dumb, but pretended to be smart.
2. He can really sing.
3. Did you really clean up your room?
A brief yet unoriginal way to question the integrity of a person or an act. Implies "I'm so unimpressed with this, and disappointed in you for doing such a thing." Appears on social networking sites as a way for people to share news on something that has happened in the world and state their opinion on it, but without going to the trouble of elaborating.
Perhaps a byproduct of a world with too much quick access to information, the necessity of forming quick opinions about such information, and the lack of any obligation to defend these opinions.
Really, UCSD? Really?
UCSD Frat Denies Involvement In 'Ghetto-Themed' Party
UCSD Officials Condemn 'Compton Cookout' Held Last Weekend
1. An exclamation used when you can't believe that someone has said, asked or done something so stupid, or unbelievably stupid. Often said very sarcastically.
2. A brief way to question the integrity of a person or an act. Implies, "I am so unimpressed with this, and disappointed in you for doing such a thing."
1. This guy sat next to me on the bus and it was half empty! I'm a big dude with my broad shoulders and rock hard waist. I was like, "Really, man? Really?"
2. Dude, I think that chick is digging me. She's heeding to call of the romanatee.
Really, dude? Really?