look up any word, like jamflex:
The part of the song which is just the intstruments is called the "Backing Track" or "Instumentals".

It is useful to get these tracks if you wish to spoof a song, but make it have the same beats/sounds in the background as the original.
That singer is really bad, but I like the tune. I think I will just try and get the backing track and record my own voice over it. That'd rock!
by Joshtek January 04, 2004
Usually used to describe a song without vocals. Also known as Backing Music
by Lee Crossley April 19, 2005