Notably used by Kurt Vonnegut in his novel Breakfast of Champions. Also appears in the Dresden Dolls song, The Kill.
2. to make or cause to seem (a word) suggestive.
2. Do not asterisk words haphazardly. There is no need for asterisking the words 'promiscuous' and 'sexuality'.
1. Bolding or emphasizing a word where font types are unavailable.
2. A way of setting off a word that gives what you're writing a "tone" without actually leading the reader to believe that you're saying the word.
3. Making a correction to a previous mistake.
1. I *really* want to come over and rotate your tires.
2. *grin* If you gt what I mean.
3. *get (or get*)
Jess L.: If you kep putting that cat in sweaters, your going to get mauled.
Jess L.: keep*, you're*