1. A once great school that has become a corporation. An institution that has left its roots and mission to pursue the almighty dollar to the detriment of the people of Texas.
2. A school rightly loved by its alums and adored by millions of Tshirt fans than can't read past the sixth grade. Note: Things about UT that are thoughtful that will usually by an alum. The junk by a tshirter.
3. A school that high performing TEXAS kids from upper middle income suburban homes can rarely hope to get into. The dorks in this socio economic group are going to Texas A&M, the partyers are going to Texas State and the independent "I'll do my own thing' types are going to Tech.
4. Most alums of UT that graduated in the 70's, 80's and early 90's from upper middle class suburban Texas would not be allowed in today. UT would have to give grant and funds to the very demographic its left wing leadership despise.
5. Has the UT leadership even thought of what is going to happen when many future alums are from Bangalore, India or Beijing China. Are they going to attend UT games, donate money to the school , go to a UT game today. UT's 100,000 fans make less noise than aTm's 80,000 and less than Tech' 60,000. You know why. UT fans are old and stale.
Beijing, China. "Mother I have been accepted to the University of Texas". Yes, son it will be very expensive but we will have help paying for it. Will you bring me back a cowboy hat.
- One of the largest Universities in the nation.
- Home of the one of the most elite football programs in the nation who is always ranked in the top 10.
- Home to one of the best basketball squads in the nation.
- Only school in the nation to boast a top 10 football, basketball, baseball and women's basketball program. "We're Texas".
- School that owns the poor aggies in every possible sport except women's soccer.
- Also referred to as "Texas", "UT" and "UTexas".
2) home to some of the best sports programs in the nation, great music, and diversity
3) we're texas!
2) the university of texas is better than texas a&m.
What do aggies and longhorns have in common? They both applied to UT.
I would talk about Tech but theyre tier 3 and were on the brink of losing the title of "university" this year so I'll leave them out for their own good- "Get your grades up"
* College of William & Mary (Williamsburg, Virginia)
* Miami University (Oxford, Ohio)
* University of California
* University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
* University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
* University of Texas at Austin
* University of Vermont (Burlington)
* University of Virginia (Charlottesville)
2. A school embarrassingly immune to logical or coherant thought, most exemplified by the God-awful nickname of it's mascot, BEVO!!!
Guy 2: The University of Texas.
Guy 1: Oh, well that makes sense now.
There are also a few brighter people who got rejected from highly selective schools (Commonly Rice, Duke, Ivy leagues, CMU, etc.) they really wanted to go to that chose to go here as a safety school.
The school does deserve mention for maintaining good engineering, business, graduate law, and various honors programs.
"700/2400 on the SAT, 12 on ACT"
"I'm in Academic English, Algebra II, Chemistry, and Government. The other four periods I have off."
"Well, any extracurricular hobbies?"
"I like going to parties..."
"My, my, my. Class rank?"
"50 out of 500"
"Ah! Well, the University of Texas at Austin should be just the place for you!"
Ex. 2-(Two of the "brighter people" talking)
1:"Hey, did you get into Rice?"
2:"No, they want out-of-state people so badly, they won't take anyone if they're from Houston."
1:"So where you gonna go?"
2:"If I don't kill myself first, UT. I get automatic admission, plus, being valedictorian, I get a year of free tuition!"