Texas A&M. a.k.a: aTm, TAMU or Aggy. Is a large Universtiy located in Bryan-College Station, Tx. The school has an enrollment of 50,000 and the population of its base metro area is around 100,000.
1. Good academics.
2. Very poor social skills by the general population. Tends to be populated by geeks and dorks.
3. Fan base has been described as delusional in terms of expectations of sports and its own importance.
4. Huge sprawling ugly campus. NO UNIFORMITY in its architecture. The buildings are a mishmash or styles and era's. No message or theme. A dog architecturely speaking compared to either UT or especially Texas Tech. However, aTm has great live oaks.
5. Obnoxious Alums. As students Aggies or generally good but dorky but once graduating they morph into self absorbed, arrogant, chest pound tools. IF you hire them note they make good back room employees as long as they do not have to deal with clients or vendors.
6. Homebody students: Aggies like to stay close to home. Close to mom and dad which is fine. Aggies tend to be conformist and easily swayed to join cults.
Out going perspective student evaluating Texas A & M College: WTF
Dorky perspective student: "Look mom every one here wears high waters and white socks". "Yes little Jimmy you will fit right in."
Independent non conforming type perspective student: "What tools
Momma's boy: "and mom I can see you every weekend !!!"
University of Texas: A large state flagship university located in Austin, Texas. Enrollment = ~50,000. Metro population 2011 = ~ 1.6 million.
1. A once great school that has become a corporation. An institution that has left its roots and mission to pursue the almighty dollar to the detriment of the people of Texas.
2. A school rightly loved by its alums and adored by millions of Tshirt fans than can't read past the sixth grade. Note: Things about UT that are thoughtful that will usually by an alum. The junk by a tshirter.
3. A school that high performing TEXAS kids from upper middle income suburban homes can rarely hope to get into. The dorks in this socio economic group are going to Texas A&M, the partyers are going to Texas State and the independent "I'll do my own thing' types are going to Tech.
4. Most alums of UT that graduated in the 70's, 80's and early 90's from upper middle class suburban Texas would not be allowed in today. UT would have to give grant and funds to the very demographic its left wing leadership despise.
5. Has the UT leadership even thought of what is going to happen when many future alums are from Bangalore, India or Beijing China. Are they going to attend UT games, donate money to the school , go to a UT game today. UT's 100,000 fans make less noise than aTm's 80,000 and less than Tech' 60,000. You know why. UT fans are old and stale.
Plano: What do you mean I cant get a grant for going to the University of Texas. WTF I got accepted to Rice but UT is not offering a dime. So, I live in Plano and my mom and dad make 100,000 a year. Tech is offering a full ride and aTm is giving me two years but UT nothing.
Beijing, China. "Mother I have been accepted to the University of Texas". Yes, son it will be very expensive but we will have help paying for it. Will you bring me back a cowboy hat.