Patronize is talking to people as if they are stupid. (like i am doing right now)
do i really need an example? i dont think so. fngh
Talking to someone as if they were ignorant or stupid. Often said after a sarcastic statement.
Fox: Evening gents, Did we lose something?
Wolf: Don't patronize me, I know where your allegiance lies.
Well, 'patronizing' means to talk to someone as if they were stupid. Understand now? Good! :)
"And if you're a very good boy for the doctor, you might even get a lollipop!"
"Mom, I'm fifteen. Don't patronize me."
A word no one understands because it's always used out of context.
1: Hey! Want to go to the movies later on?
1: Come on you'll have fun!
2: Stop PATRONIZING me!
1. To have fun with Patrón.
2. Including Patrón in current activity.
3. To make something similar to Patrón in comparison.
(also patrónized, patrónizing, patrón, and other forms)
1. Me and Becky were gonna patrónize Alex's party tonight.
2. Becky Patrónized my grandmothers home last night.
3. If we just patrónize that party, it'll be so much more fun! LOL
To buy art particularly during the 13th and 15th centuries in Italy.
Michelangelo's art is totally awesome. I'm so going to patronize him.
-verb (used with object), -ized, -izing.
1. to give a friend or person of interest a shot of or drink containing Patron Tequila to get them f*cked up! in a good way =D
Used in a sentence: "Yeah I 'PATRONIZED' that b*tch and her friends, then we danced all night long...Next thing you know she throws up on my good shirt...Didn't know she had the alcohol tolerance of a 5 year old."