In video games, it's when you collect a bunch of a certain item in order to power yourself up.
Orb farming in Devil May Cry 3.
Soul farming in Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.
1. In videogames, collecting a certain item (usually a currency) in order to power one's character up.
2. In Maple Story, killing monsters for mesos and items to sell.
3. (Although it is quite obscure) In Call Of Duty, when one lures other players to oneself and camps in order to take in a massive amount of kills. Usually some type of SMG or MG is required for this farming.
1a. I powered my Soma up in Dawn of Sorrow by farming a bunch of bat and golem souls.
1b. My Dante is teh shit after I farmed a couple dozen hundred red orbs.
2. D00d! You're a total farmer with those Stiff Feathers and Horny Blue Mushroom Caps.
3. Bwahaha! All n00bs will feel my wrath in COD. I are the best farmer evah!
The act of "growing" relationships via social network like Facebook or Myspace by "planting" a "seed" and watching it grow. Seed is often a random IM that grows into a conversation which leads to a meeting which ends with a hook up.
I asked my boy where he met all these girls he's been hanging out with and he said he had a successfull day of Facebook Farming
During sex the man or woman will shit on the stomach of the other partner and spread it flat. Once you do that, you piss all over it as if you were watering crops.
John: Dude i just farmed my girlfriend!!! :D
Mark: Sweet Dude!!!!.... oh wait that's fucking gross
John: no dude, farming is awesome!!!
The act of hanging around public toilets and fishing out turds, particulary those produced by people who one finds attractive.
Bill had spent the afternoon farming at the bogs in Marble Arch. As he took the Tube home he took a peek at the two large logs he had wrapped up in his sports bag.
1) The act of sleeping in excess of what is needed, sleeping on an irregular schedule, sleeping through one's own alarm, phone calls, loud noises, or any other attempt to wake the "farmer" up.
2) Missing activities due to chronic fatigue caused by irregular sleeping pattern/laziness.
Matt didn't make it to thermodynamics today because he was too busy farming. He was really tired after engaging in "other activities" all night.
Matt said he couldn't make it to the meetings because he had personal problems; however, everyone knew he was just farming.
How the heck did Matt get voted star of the month? He's always farming.
The act of online gaming for many hours without end. Origination came out of my friends playing Farm Ville and Farm Town on Facebook for hours on end and doing nothing else productive.
Whenever these people are playing ANY game, they can be said they are farming.
Me: Yo Bill, you farming again?
Bill: Nope, playing WoW..
Me: Farm it up bitch!
Me: Kevin doesn't do sh*t, dude farms all day long.
Other: He's actually playing something else.
Me: Whatever, guy is farming, just deal with it and move on...