A story that people made up so they don't have to do what God says. I'm not going to reiterate all the facts that others have shown disproving Evolution because... well they've already disproved it.
There is a creature that can perform amazing feats:
survive the vacuum of space
survive 6000 atmospheres of pressure
survive temperatures of 1 degree Centigrade above Absolute Zero
survive radiation doses lethel to humans (500+times)
survive for many years without water
What is this creature? It's called the waterbear and this mighty little creature on its own can disprove evolution.
Why did evolution "decide" to give this little creature those amazing abilities? Theres really no reason, these creatures won't find themselves in any of these conditions on Earth.
Someone here said that a bug's ability to become immune to pesticides is evolution. It's not evolution, that's ability to adjust to surroundings, nothing about the DNA is changed.
Downe Syndrome is an example of mutation. Downe Syndrome is not good its destructive.
Some people say that scientists have made life in labs. Well first off, they haven't. Second, they can't*. And third even if they could all that would prove is that it took an intelligent being to start it all.
* My dad installs blinds. He installed blinds for a man names Saran Narang, a world renowned biologist and he said that Man cannot make a drop of milk because it is living.
(This is probably going to get 300 thumbs down despite the fact that what I've said is all true.)
Since people don't want to be told what to do they made up Evolution.
A scientific theory
that all life on earth descended from a common ancestor. Evolution has been repeatedly proven and observed time and time again, yet most of the morons writing definitions for Evolution on urbandictionary.com choose to ignore that.
/Mentally retarded redneck
: Evolution b'aint be reel cuz dat der bibl tingy be sayin' su!
The idea that organisms change over time, and that is change occurs through natural selection which allows favorable traits to be passed along through generations. It has been refered to as a theory, which, in science, means it is an idea that has not been disproven. Many scientists are moving towards calling it the Law of Evolution, similar to the Law of Gravity, in order to help reduce frivolous claims that it is "only a theory" by people ignorant of what a scientific theory entails.
Some (especially miseducated critics) refer to macro and microevolution. There is no such thing. Evolution is evolution. Fruit flys, rats, frogs, etc., have all been observed undergoing character change in laboritories, resulting in the inability to mate with other members of the base species (the control), thus forming a new species. Several examples of so-called macroevolution (the change at a genus level) have been observed by biologists in the rain forest. Furthermore, good fossil evidence shows transition between genera, and even higher taxanomic orders (incorrectly called Kingdom, Phylum, etc. - current work in phylogentic taxonomy does away with Linnean ranks). Representatives of higher order change in the fossil record includes change with fish, fish to amphibians, with amphibians, within reptiles, "reptiles" to dinosaurs, within dinosaurs, dinosaurs to "birds", within "birds", "reptiles" to mammals, within mammals, and other mammals to humans. I am not mentioning invertebrates here...
1. The process by which one state changes into another. Anything which is not static evolves over time. The word evolution specifically excludes any connotation of improvement or progress, so even 'negative' changes are evolution. In biology, this definition is often observed in terms of the change of gene frequencies in natural populations. There is no controversy about this definition.
2. The theory that species give rise to other species. This process of speciation can be accomplished in a number of ways, all of which must result in two (or more) populations becoming genetically isolated. This can be accomplished physically (allopatry and peripatry) or through division of patch types or through behavioral mechanisms (sympatry). This has been observed at low taxonomic levels. For instance, wheat is a modern species resulting from 2 instances of non-disjunction and one hybridization event that all occurred within the last 5000 years. The original plant has been identified from seeds from tombs in Egypt.
The creation of new higher level taxa is often referred to as macroevolution by non-scientists, but this usage is incorrect. The only difference between the origins of higher taxa and species is time. Today's species will eventually give rise to genera as they continue to diverge from their sister-taxa and continue to speciate themselves. All higher taxa were once just a species. Macroevolution properly refers to selection that operates above the species ...
How your pokemon change at certain levels!
"My Charamander got to level 16 and evolved into Charmeleon!"
1. In biology: Descent with modification. Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.
2. In everyday speech: A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.
1. Darwin's theory of evolution does for biology what quantum mechanics does for physics.
2. It is interesting to note the evolution in computers over the years.
In the beginning we were all fish, swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different so it got to live. So retard fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its mutant fish hands, and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something, and made retard frog-squirrel. And then that had a retard baby which was a monkey-fish-frog, and then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with another monkey, and then that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey, and then that screwed another monkey and then that made you. So there you go, you're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel, congratulations.
evolution explains how we evolved