1. Gesture and words of courtesy or pleasantness, protocol.
2. An attractive extra: the features that, when taken together, make a place such as a hotel or resort attractive to guests or customers.
3. A Luxery when in a poor or undeveloped country.
1. The secretary of state and the foreign minister engaged in the usual diplomatic amenities before signing the treaty.
2. Usual amenities such as hair dryers and a microwave in every room.
3. Having a pool in your back yard is considered an amenity when you live in Africa.