Seen commonly in the music press:
1. N. A genre of music, sometimes considered a subset of ambient
, which focuses on the idea of "errors" as a musical element. The "errors" in question are usually digital
; a common element in glitch music is the rhythmic squeaking clicking noise which occurs when you play back a CD
which has been badly scratched.
Seen less commonly, sort of local slang:
2. Adj/Adv. Something which produces pleasantly confusing and/or unpleasantly disorienting effects akin to those commonly resulting from listening to glitch music.
3. Verb. Doing something to someone which produces such effects.
1. "Oval is probably the most well-known artist in glitch, and his album "Systemisch" can be said to define the genre."
2. "The entire game consists of rolling up random 3D objects into a big wad and then throwing them into the sky. It's pretty glitch."
3. "'I saw Being John Malkovich this weekend, it totally glitched me."