1. to draw away or divert, as the mind or attention.
2. to provide a pleasant or unpleasant diversion.
3. the act of running up to a person and interrupting them in the middle of a conversation as a young pony without any boundaries would.
1. The constant side-ponying from her co-workers made it hard to finish a deadline on time.
2. Needing to sneak the dog past the hotel clerk, my boyfriend side-ponied her by commenting on the shoes she was wearing.
3. We would always try to act really busy when the most recent retiree stopped by because he would inevitably side-pony us with banal banter and stories of 'back-in-the-day'.
1. An acute fear that certain types of social or performance situations will definately go bad leading to avoidance behavior.
2. Irrational anxiety elicited by even the thought of exposure to an insuing cluster-fuck.
My sister is so clusterphobic, every time she is asked to help plan an event or holiday party she will throw a shoe just trying to run away.