1. In a game (particularly multiplayer role playing games), to gain experience--and thus levels--at a greater rate than is normally planned for the game; often accomplished with the help of other characters or with the use of exploits.
2. Playing a game for a long session with the specific intent to gain experience--and thus levels.
We are helping powerlevel Bob's character.
The experience is so good here that we're gonna stay and powerlevel.
1. One who spends a lot of time playing games.
2. One who takes the playing of games very seriously.
3. One who does well at playing a certain game.
4. (Derogatory) One who plays the game for their own advantage; often used by players of role playing games to refer to players who they believe care more about character advancement than about role playing.