Top definition
Illinois Wesleyan University, or IWU (pronounced eye-woo), is a small liberal arts university in Bloomington, Illinois that consists of about 2500 students.
IWU is in close proximity to Illinois State University, so often there is a sense of rivalry between students at each institution. The high cost of attending IWU makes some students at ISU believe that everyone at IWU is obscenely rich. However, contrary to this popular belief nobody at IWU pays for college in cash and almost all students at IWU get some kind of scholarship/financial aid package that makes the cost much more managable.
Joe: I'm at ISU, where are you going?
Scottie: I go to Illinois Wesleyan University.
Joe: Oh you must be really rich!
Scottie: And you must be an STD-infected chain-smoker.
by Scottie Jensen September 06, 2005
Get the mug
Get a Illinois Wesleyan University mug for your dog José.
A small liberal arts university in which most of the population are either theater nuts or music obsessed weirdos. At any given moment you can be walking down the "way to small campus" and see one of the ugliest people you've ever met. Everyone is vanilla, as plain as can be, and as soon as normal students step foot on campus, they immediately regret their decision for attending. 75% of the people attend because they enjoy the arts and sitting inside a dark room all day. The other 25% are athletes who had desires to play DI athletics but had to settle for the diminished IWU DIII competition. The Worst School in Illinois, and located in The Worst Town.
John- "Hey, Doesn't Zach attend Illinois Wesleyan University?"

Alicia- "Yeah of course. He says it was the worst choice of his life and he would rather be attacked by a Great White Shark!"

John- "Oh, well at least he's saving 20K for playing sports.."

Alicia- "Thats the only positive, that school literally sucks."
by Normy Eashy October 20, 2011
Get the mug
Get a Illinois Wesleyan University mug for your coworker Paul.