An electriped is a personal electric vehicle (PEV) having characteristics that allow it to function as an electric pedestrian, whether on the sidewalk or inside a crowded room.
These characteristics include:
- Small device footprint in both length and width.
- Rider head at height of pedestrian for visibility and conducive to interaction and conversation with pedestrians.
- Device is stable with rider at low speeds or while still.
- Small or zero turning radius for maximum mobility in tight spaces.
- Safe operation in crowded pedestrian environments.
- Quiet operation.
The Segway Human Transporter and the Rad2Go "Q" Electric Chariot scooter are electripeds.
Steve Jobs has said that cities would be redesigned around electripeds.