What is The Game?
The Game is just The Game. Thats the only real way to describe it.
Okay, I'll try to be a little more helpful...
No one really knows where The Game came from, or who started it, or why, but whatever the answers to these currently answerless questions, it remains that The Game has infected just about every corner of respectable society, though as far as I am aware it has yet to properly break out of Western Europe.
It is highly pointless, but at the same time highly amusing/aggravating (depending on your viewpoint.).
It also makes a good ice breaker during the dreaded Awkward Silence, but be warned-if you are actively playing The Game (i.e, playing to lose) then you will quickly find yourself without any friends. Nobody likes an annoying retard.
The easiest way to understand The Game is if you know the rules to it (please read below =)
Basic (and currently definitive) rules:
1. The Game is The Game. (You'd be amazed at how many people dont actually understand this first extremeley simple fact.)
2. The object, or aim, of The Game is not to think about The Game.
3. If you think about The Game, you have lost The Game.
4. (a) If you lose The Game, you must instantly declare it to everyone around you in some manner of communication, usually by exclaiming loudly "I've lost The Game". Consequently, everyone else will then have thought of The Game, and subsequently lost it.
(b)If someone tells you they have lost The Game, you yourself DO NOT need to declare this, as from the point where the first person loses The Game everyone in the vicinity has immunity for ten minutes. In these ten minutes you cannot lose The Game.
The idea of the ten minute rule is that this allows everybody to once again forget about The Game.
5. This immunity expires exactly after ten minutes. If, after these ten minutes, you think about The Game then you have once again lost The Game and must declare.
6. (a) There is no limit to the number of times you can lose The Game. (Once you begin, you are playing forever muhahahaha!!)
(b) Some people think that they can simply 'not play' The Game. They are in denial and deserve a reality check. You cannot escape The Game once you are involved (unless you win-see Rule 7).
7. (a) There is only one way to win The Game, and that is to truly and honestly forget about it completely.
In two years of Game-ness, i have only known one person to do so, to the shock and awe of the rest of our little clique.
(b) This also means that if you do manage to win The Game, you will never know that you have won.
This is because if you know you have won, then you have just thought about it (and consequently lost).
8. If you lose The Game, and someone (foolishly) asks "whats The Game?", please either explain it to them, or direct them toward this 'manual', as an unspoken purpose to The Game is to get as many people playing as possible =)
Thank you for reading. Im glad to be of annoyance =)
"You dont play The Game. The Game plays you"-Enigmatic quote from an Enigmatic Person regarding The Game