A part of Brooklyn known for its hipster
population. North Williamsburg (near the L train) is generally filled with trustafarians
, overpriced bars, and vintage clothing stores, where South Williamsburg (near the JMZ train) is still home to a large Hasidic and Hispanic population.
"I've thought about getting a job, but if I did that, I'd never have time to make art!"
1. neigborhood in borough of brooklyn, ny, where many wealthy out of state young people move to live in overpriced filthy industrial lofts, eat organic vegetarian food, ride bikes, drink beer, spend as much money as possible to look as disheveled as possible, and pretend to be poor.
2.most annoying place in the continental united states.
normal person: where do you live?
urban outfitters wearing hipster: williamsburg.
A neighborhood in Brooklyn. A gentrification hotspot. Mostly made up of Jews, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, other hispanics, and a hint of Italians and Poles near the northern tip. Was considered THE robbery hotspot during the 80's. Now you see condos arising and pinker/whiter flesh arriving. From rednecks to Afrikaners.
This once beautiful neighborhood is now going to diminish with this gentrification crap. I smell a revolution in the mix...
A neighboorhood in brooklyn ny. this neighborhood was one of the scariest neighborhoods to live in. this neighborhood belongs to the dominicans and the puerto ricans, but lately whites from boring states move to manhatten and the to williamsburg "for low rent" by them moving there they increase the rent x's 3 the people that are just moving love taking pictures i even saw one standing in the middle of the street taking a picture of the floor
Williamsburg, Virginia. An extremely boring town populated by tourists year-round. Popular teenage hot-spots are Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Water Country USA, and the newly-opened New Town Cinemas. Apart from being overrun by tourists, Williamsburg is a beautiful place. The few times of the year that tourists don't take over, is a blessing for local teens.
Williamsburg - tourists = wonderful.
A town located in virginia, home to colonial williamsburg and jamestown settlement, williamsburg is a repressed town where the only thing out numbering the waffle houses are the churches, its a town where indvidualisim is frowned upon. citizens usally entertain themselves with alcohol and other illicit substances and are often trying to leave on the drop of a dime, if you dont leave williamsburg you will lead a miserable life
get cheap malt liqour and bitch about williamsburg
There are 5 groups of people in Williamsburg, VA:
1. The townies. This group comprises mostly of old retirees who keep to themselves, or the deli workers who enjoy drinking with young college freshman.
2. The tourists. Quite possibly the most annoying group of people ever in the history of the world. But necessary for keeping the town up and running.
3. The nerds. These college students of William & Mary strive to make straight A's, even though everyone knows it is physically impossible to do so. They sacrifice Friday and Saturday nights often to catch up on work. Their main meeting place would be the Swem Libary, but since the Greek kids often use that as an event location for their Clue Weeks and such, they are forced to retreat back to their own dorms to continue studying there.
4. The "alternative" students. These kids are normally very smart, as are most WM students, and tend to congregrate around the lodges. They enjoy spray-painting, intense drugs like acid and crack, speak-easies with Psu U, and complaing about WM and anyone involved in a fraternity or sorority. They find their own ways of having fun, hopefully, but most are on some sort of anti-depressant.
5. The Greeks. Even those WM brochures will advertise only a 33% student population in the Greek system, everyone knows that these kids party the hardest. These kids are not binge-drinkers, like the adminastration labels them. No. They are full out alcoholics. They are fully aware that they are capable of h...