Things just kept going downhill. The 150 karma requirement made the forbidden fruit known as LUE more alluring than ever. Mods began failing on the job of keeping the fad topics under control. Soon other annoying things spawned as well, such as:more...
* Horribly overusing catch phrases (always been a problem, but by now, it was worse than ever before!)
* Trying to beat record time for reaching 500 in a topic (I believe it was on SterLUEization night that this happened, in fact!)
* Trying to break records for highest number of posts or topics ever had on LUE
* Making stupid, pointless topics such as 'poopies, discuss'
* Posting ASCII outside of designated ASCII topics
* Making really stupid joke topics that look serious at first glance, or posting (serious), then containing a joke post inside
And then... the innevitable happened...
Y2k posted JustShana's live journal. Shana was a girl who had committed suicide a few months earlier (apparently by jumping off a tall building) Her parents kept her journal open to write poetry and reflect on their daughter's life with her friends and family. Much to Y2k's amusement, LUEsers started posting things on Shana's journal.
"I'm very sorry..."
"She bought an N-Gage, didn't she?"
"Timmy, you're permanently expelled!"
Then, much to Y2k's dismay, people began posting horrible things.
"Stop wasting your sympathy and compassion on that little attention whore"