n. Chiefly British Slang
One who spends an inordinate amount of time exchanging remarks in computer chatrooms or participating in discussions in newsgroups or on bulletin boards.
This spod has posted over a 1,000 messages in less than a week!
A derogatory term used to indicate someone with one of the following:
1) A penchant for academic study, above and beyond the call of duty
2) Higher than average intellectual capabilities
See also swot
"You've already done you history homework? Dude, you're a spod!"
"I hate that kid, he's a bit of a spod!"
1. Someone, typically a student, inordinately naive and foolish outside of their academic field.
2. (verb) To perform one's scholastic duties to and beyond the call of duty.
1. "You're such a big spod!" she cried.
2. "I'm going to have to spod it today," she commented.
Someone who spends a lot of time in computer chatrooms; specifically, "talkers," which were text-based chatrooms accessed through telnet that were popular before everyone found out about the interweb.
What a spod! He spent six hours on Animal House yesterday.
One who obsessively reads all the definitions of a word in the Urban Dictionary, then decides to send in their own definition.
Only a spod would send a definition to the Urban Dictionary.
70's London playground - inbreds, misfits, thickos - Spastic Or Disabled - kids are nasty yehhhhh
Social degenerate, possibly inbred and definately looks like it. Some spods think they are geeks, where as infact - they're not, they're incredibly stupid, and ugly.
Get away from me you goddam spod!