Adverb. 1. clearly, unambiguously, without embellishment.
2. merely, only.
1. Speaking simply is the best way to be understood.
2. To defend myself against the burglar, I simply shot him.
A word that can be added before any noun. denotes cheapness or bad craftsmanship attempting to be comparable with something good. comes from the bulk soda brand "simply cola".
Atlantic City is Simply City.
1. In a way that eschews completely the presence of complicated, complex or otherwise Byzantine factors. "It was done simply."
2. This definition only occurs when the adverb applies to the passive verb 'is'. It appears to be a simple emphasis, most likely uttered whilst sipping tea and/or being a ponce. "That is simply awful."
1. Token non sequitur definition.
First name of the lead singer of Simply Red
That fellow Simply can certainly carry a tune.
adjective used to describe how brilliant the speaker thinks they are for using the word that comes right after "simply"
oh, that would be simply wonderful!
i'm simply brilliant.
A pretensious filler word.
He was simply marvelous.
1. n.-Carrier or sufferer of Herpes Simplex II; carrier or sufferer of the clap
2. adj.-of or like Herpes Simplex II or a carrier or sufferer thereof
1. n.-If a man's a simply in the contagious phase, GF, don't be backin' it up to his horn.
2. Yo, I heard yo pimply pimp--he simply.